I lucked out and found a months worth of dinners on Real Simple's web sight. I'm not sure about some of them but this one jumped off the screen and into my kitchen for dinner tonight. I look for a couple qualities inorder to make dinner. Easy...check. Less than 5 ingredients (salt and pepper and oil don't count) check. Will Johnny like and eat this, check! And it was done. This was Sunday Nights Dinner. P
Ravioli With Apples and WalnutsServes 4 Hands-On Time: 20m Total Time: 20m
- 1 pound cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen) ( I used a 9oz bertoli package)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 crisp apple (such as Braeburn or Gala), cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. WOW medium heat is way too much I burnt most of my walnuts the first go round.
- Add the apple, parsley, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Spoon over the ravioli and sprinkle with the Parmesan